Vance & Hines, a leader in the motorcycle aftermarket industry and recognized for quality performance exhaust systems, is in search of an R&D Supervisor to become part of our R&D Department.
This position is responsible for managing and directing the operations of the prototype and fixture technicians. This position will also coordinate interdepartmental activities with engineering, testing and all other manufacturing departments. This position will also be involved in and moderate meetings for new product releases in Building 1 as well as Building 5.
• Oversee R&D Technicians, Machinists and Fixture Personnel to ensure timeliness of completion and monitor problems
• Ensure the reporting of department project status is carried out and update internal scheduling
• Coordinate R&D needs with other departments
• Assign jobs/duties to R&D Department employees
• Review new product releases for completeness and readiness
• Mentor and develop new and existing department employees
• Departmental safety management
• Evaluate employee job performance, abilities, and deficiencies
• Assist with creating/enforcing R&D processes and procedures
• Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
• Efficiently and effectively manage time
• Planning, supervision, communication and follow up
• Interpersonal relationship skills, and leadership
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Complete understanding of R&D processes
• Strong fabrication background
• Knowledge of motorcycles
• Knowledge of computer operating systems, OSX and Microsoft Windows
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
• Knowledge of Project Management software
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, reach and move about the facility
• Must have the ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Must have the ability to function as part of a team
• Must have the ability to listen to and follow written and verbal instruction
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with Team Members
• This position needs to be filled immediately. We offer competitive salary and benefits. No relocation benefits offered. Vance & Hines is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on Vance & Hines and its products, please visit www.vanceandhines.com.