SONOMA, CALIFORNIA (July 29, 2012) – Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle®/Vance & Hines riders Eddie Krawiec and Andrew Hines made it an all Harley-Davidson final round for the second weekend in a row at the NHRA Sonoma Nationals in Sonoma California.
Eddie Krawiec rode his Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson V-Rod to the win over his teammate Andrew Hines, again, this weekend with a a final-round performance of 6.809 at 197.74 to Hines’ 6.839 at 196.27, cutting a slower light than Hines and driving around him for the win.
“You can’t make mistakes out here,” Krawiec said. “We’re focusing on round-wins. You get enough of them, and that will equal race wins and then enough of those will win championships. I just want to see win lights.”
In qualifying, Krawiec defeated Angie Smith, John Hall, and Hector Arana Sr. and on again to meet his teammate in the final round. Krawiec’s weekend also included posting the low e.t. of the weekend in the first-round win with a 6.785. He then ran low 6.80s in the final three rounds.
Krawiec’s win is the eighth time this season a Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle®/Vance & Hines bike was featured in the final round. “Our main goal is to stay on top of our program and do the best we can.”
Krawiec extends his championship points lead to 842 over Andrew’s 774 and the two teammates continue to put distance on the field for the race to the Pro Stock Motorcycle championship.
The NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series Pro Stock Motorcycle racing continues Aug. 16-19 with the Lucas Oil’s Nationals at Brainerd International Raceway in Brainerd, Minnesota.
Stay tuned for the results on vanceandhines.com and facebook.com/vanceandhines.
2014 Racer StatsAndrew HinesStanding:
Hometown: Avon, IN
Fastest ET: 6.794
Top Speed: 198.73Eddie KrawiecStanding:
Hometown: Avon, IN
Fastest ET: 6.788
Top Speed: 199.26
2014 Race ScheduleGainesville, FL (Mar 13-16)Charlotte, NC (Apr 11-13)Atlanta, GA (May 16-18)Englishtown, NJ (May 29-Jun 1)Epping, NH (Jun 19-Jun 22)Chicago, IL (Jun 26-29)Norwalk, OH (Jul 3-6)Denver, CO (Jul 18-20)Sonoma, CA (Jul 25-27)Indianapolis, IN (Aug 27-Sep 1)Charlotte, NC (Sep 12-14)Dallas, TX (Sep 18-21)St. Louis, MO (Sept 26-28)Reading, PA (Oct 2-5)Las Vegas, NV (Oct 30-Nov 2)Pomona, CA (Nov 13-16)
- Pro Stock/Pro Mod Billet Crankshaft
- Operation Appreciation 2013-Day 5
- Operation Appreciation 2013-Day 4
- Operation Appreciation 2013-Day 3
- Operation Appreciation 2013-Day 2
- Operation Appreciation 2013-Day 1
- KRAWIEC CAPS 2013 NHRA SEASON WITH WIN AT POMONA
- Krawiec and Hines Qualify Harley-Davidson V-Rods in Vegas
- Krawiec Races Pink Harley V-Rod to Final Round at Maple Grove
- Krawiec and Harley V-Rod Race to 2nd Round at St. Louis
- Krawiec Takes Harley V-Rod to Big Win at Dallas Drags
- NHRA: Carolina Nationals Pro Stock Motorcycle Report
- Harley rider Krawiec qualified for NHRA Countdown playoffs
- Hines and Krawiec put V-Rod bikes in NHRA Somoma Sunday eliminations
- Hines and Harley V-Rod make semi-finals at NHRA Denver drags
- Inaugural Auto-Plus NHRA New England Nationals
- Krawiec, Hines, and Rapp have strong racing weekends for Harley-Davidson
- Three-time NHRA motorcycle champ Eddie Krawiec adjusting to less powerful Harley
- Englishtown native Krawiec seeking more success at hometown track
- Hines and Krawiec Qualify V-Rods for Houston Eliminations
- Krawiec Rides Harley V-Rod to Charlotte Four-Wide Final
- NHRA: Gaternationals Pro Stock Motorcycle – HD Report
- New Harley V-Rod drag bikes go great at Gainesville
- Harley Drag Racing Team Ready for Gainesville
- Indiana-based NHRA champions honored at Motorsports Day at Indiana Legislature